St Francis of Paola Chapel, Qormi


The Chapel of St Francis of Paola was designed by the local architect Indrì Psaila in 1707. A thorough documentation exercise was carried out in order to asses and record the deterioration and weathering forms present on the facades. The proposed restoration works included cleaning, application of biocide, replacement of severely damaged masonry elements and stone repair, which consisted of plastic repair of alveolar damage and epoxy/lime injection of cracks.