Jacquemarts at Grandmaster's Palace, Valletta - 2008
The clock tower at Grandmaster’s Palace was built in 1745 under the reign of Grand Master Pinto de Fonseca. Four bronze jacquemarts of Moorish slaves sit above the tower. Each jacquemart is designed to strike a bell at its side. The restoration of the jacquemarts required thorough documentation prior to dismantling. The jacquemarts were cleaned, restored and repaired, before being reinstalled in their original position.