Collegiate Church, Cospicua - 2008
Works involve the restoration of the belfries on the main facade of the church, restoration of the sacristy building, and adjacent excavation works for the prevention of further water infiltration through existing third party wells at the back side of the property. The Collegiate Church of Cospicua was built during the administration of Grandmaster Gregorio Carafa dei Prinicipi della Rocella (1680-1690). Construction and embellishment works were delayed due tothe effects of the plague and years of drought and poverty. Architect Lorenzo Gafa' was commissioned to design its belfries in 1683 and the church was finally completed in 1732, when it was solemnly consecrated by Bishop Alpheran de Bussan.